For most of us, the idea of breastfeeding invokes images of a mother nursing an infant. At least, that’s what society has taught us about this process of nurturing and feeding. But unbeknownst to many, there is another type of breastfeeding that doesn’t involve a child and a mother, and this act of nursing is called adult breastfeeding.
History And Definition Of Adult Nursing
In essence, adult nursing or commonly referred to as ‘adult breastfeeding’ is the act of allowing another adult person to suckle at a woman’s lactating breast. The process is often associated with ANR or Adult Nursing Relationships and is both practiced by heterosexual and homosexual relationships.
Allowing another person to breastfeed at a woman’s bosom may be unheard of, but it has been well documented for centuries. In fact, one such account of adult breastfeeding is told in the story “Caritus Romana” where the woman named Pero secretly breastfed her father, Cimon, while he was imprisoned and sentenced to die by starvation – which then impressed the Roman authorities and allowed Cimon to be pardoned from his sentence.
Today, the act is still considered as a taboo practice in most cultures because of the presumptions of perversion. And to some extent, it is even considered as “disgusting” and “grotesque” by some people. But the fact of the matter is it’s OK to breastfeed your spouse or intimate partner.
Reasons As To Why Some Couples Engage In Adult Nursing
While some women dismiss the idea of adult nursing, the act does provide a lot of benefits to your relationship. So in this section, we are going to cite some reasons how can erotic lactation benefit the nursing woman and her partner:
For the woman:
- It helps bring you closer and be more intimate with your spouse or partner.
- It heightens sexual arousal due to nipple stimulation.
- It increases the supply of milk due to added stimulation.
- It drains the breast complete since the adult has a stronger suck force. And as a result, it relieves mild breast engorgement, prevents nipple blebs, and plugged milk ducts.
- It can balance uneven breasts.
- It can foster marital relationships.
For the man:
- It makes him feel included and not feeling left out even after having a baby.
- It fulfills their sexual fantasies.
- It can boost their immune system.
- It gives them a chance to taste the sweet and creamy flavor of breast milk.
Overall, engaging in adult breastfeeding with your partner is absolutely OK and acceptable. It’s an intimate experience that you can satisfy you and your partner. And it’s something that can bring you closer as a couple.
If you want to learn more about adult breastfeeding and other interesting facts, you can visit TenderPuls’ blog today.